Thursday, May 15, 2014

Diabetes Blog Week: Day 4

Prompt: Yesterday we opened up about how diabetes can bring us down. Today let’s share what gets us through a hard day.  Or more specifically, a hard diabetes day.  Is there something positive you tell yourself?  Are there mantras that you fall back on to get you through?  Is there something specific you do when your mood needs a boost?  Maybe we've done that and we can help others do it too? (Thanks to Meri of Our Diabetic Life for suggesting this topic.)

This is in a similar vein to what I posted yesterday, really. I tell myself that I may have lost some battles, but the war is still mine to win. I think the important thing to remember is when you get knocked down, you can choose to stay down, or you can make your way back up. It’s your choice. 

No comments:

Post a Comment