Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Diabetes Blog Week: Day 2

Prompt: This year, Diabetes Blog Week and TuDiabetes are teaming up to bring out the poet in you! Write a poem, rhyme, ballad, haiku, or any other form of poetry about diabetes. After you’ve posted it on your blog, share it on the No Sugar Added® Poetry page on TuDiabetes, and read what others have shared there as well!

As an English teacher, I should be jumping for joy at the idea of writing a poem, but here I sit, completely dumbfounded. I am going to try my hand at an acrostic:

Disease. Is this who I am now? A shell of a person riddled with an incurable hurt?
Insecurity cloaks me like a ragged blanket, not keeping me warm or protecting me.
Are you there, God? Why me? Why this?
Better in time, I think. Maybe one day I will understand. Maybe one day this won’t be a curse.
Eyes open to see the possibilities of what can be, not the things that will never be.
Time. I am still waiting for a cure, but it is becoming easier to hold on.
Embattled from the war with diabetes- I may have lost a few fights but the war is mine to win.

Soon my day will come. 

No comments:

Post a Comment