Wednesday, November 6, 2013

A Month of Thanks- Day 6

Retreats.

I am thankful for retreats. Today, I was able to chaperone our senior girls on their retreat. It was an interesting experience because I was not a participant or a facilitator; more of just a presence there today. I am thankful to see the girls interacting with each other and laughing. I am thankful for the chance to see them in an environment outside of the classroom. I am thankful for silly retreat games and serious discussions. I am thankful that I get to see these young women learn how much potential they have.

I am thankful for the retreats I have been able to attend in my life. I am thankful for the calm and contemplation they bring. I am thankful for the peace in my heart after a retreat and the rekindling of a fire to serve others.




No comments:

Post a Comment