Tuesday, November 5, 2013

A Month of Thanks- Day 5

My students.

Today I am thankful for my students. I am thankful for the hundreds of students I already know and thankful for the thousands I have yet to meet. I am thankful for their ingenuity and open minds. I am thankful that they have made me move out of my comfort zones and expand my own horizons. I am thankful that they make me continue learning for their sake, as well as my own. I am thankful when I see them become successful. I am thankful when I get an email from one of them telling me how awesome college is. I am thankful when I see one of them do a victory dance in the middle of class because they aced a test. I am thankful when I see one of my athletes throw a personal best and I am thankful when I see them congratulate an opponent who won. I am thankful that they love me for who I am and that they allow me to love them. I am thankful because as soon as they enter my classroom they become my child for life. I am thankful when they leave me little messages on my chalkboard or when they tell me I look nice. I am thankful when they see me in the store and say hello instead of hiding in the bread aisle. I am thankful when they don't lose their patience with me, even as I feel I am losing mine. I am thankful they allow me to be silly and to walk around in costumes (see nun picture) and speak in funny accents. I am thankful that I get to teach them. I am thankful they teach me so much more than they can ever know.





No comments:

Post a Comment