Monday, January 20, 2014

Chicory

I feel like my heart is breaking as I write this.

My bunny, Chicory, died this morning. I had Chickie for eight years. He was my friend, he was a source of comfort when I was sad, and he was an awesome cuddler. I don't even care that cuddler isn't really a word. I miss him so much already. I miss how he would sit on my shoulder and sniff my ears, how he would play hide and seek for a yogurt treat, and hoe he always knew the right time to just sit in my lap and let me hold him.

My nephews loved him, and he reciprocated. He was so gentle with two little boys who wanted to hop with him and brush his fur and pet him with sticky fingers. He liked to go out for walks on a leash, and lie in the sun.

He was my friend, and I will miss him. Sleep sweetly, my precious boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment