Sunday, July 15, 2012

Graduation Party

Today was my graduation party; a celebration of a wonderful four years at Cabrini and a sort of going away party for me as I prepare to finalize things with my commitment to MVC. I am being sent to Arizona for eleven months and within the next few weeks, I should be able to meet my community members and learn more about what I will be doing down there.

Despite the sudden and severe rain that interrupted the party, it was a good time with family and friends, and I was grateful for the chance to see some people before I leave. It is starting to hit me that this is a reality. Not only have I graduated college, but I am moving on into the real world. I am excited, but there is a part of me that is anxious about this new beginning. Of course, I want to do well, I want to be useful and helpful and feel like I am a part of a bigger picture. I am excited to see what August will be bringing for me.

My awesome graduation cake with my pre-school and graduation pictures! 

No comments:

Post a Comment