Tuesday, August 26, 2014

A summer wrap-up

First! Some exciting news! I submitted a story to "Chicken Soup for the Soul" a few months ago that talked about my struggle to go to school. A few weeks ago, I got notification that I had made it to the final round, and then a few days after that, I was notified that I had made it into the book. You can find my story, entitled "Redefining Limitations" in the book "Chicken Soup for the Soul: Find Your Inner Strength" out in October of 2014.

I finished my capstone for my graduate classes. I still have three classes to complete for my full degree, but I am done with the physical teaching part of the degree with the completion of the summer reading practicum. I was so sad to see it end, because I loved working with my kids, but I was also a little relieved to get a break, albeit a small one, from school for the first two weeks of August.

I moved twice. And somehow ended up in the same house I moved out of. I wasn't overly pleased with that one, #gradstudentproblems, but life goes on, even if I still need to unpack some stuff (most of it, honestly).

I broke my knuckles. Not my entire hand, just my knuckles, which made using my hand a nuisance, but not enough of one to get it casted. The other guy looks worse. (Just kidding; it happened during Move #2)

I was assigned a new classroom, which means I was upgraded from a walk-in closet to a real room. However, part of me missed the tiny little old room, especially the fan with the chandelier lighting. I used to turn that on and the florescent off and tell my kids it was atmospheric. My new room is all or nothing for the overhead lights, so I think I might invest in some lamps. Luckily, the new room is big enough that I should be able to manage that.

I also discovered how many books I have in my room. A lot. Over 400. Ooof.

Less than a week until school starts!

Am I ready?

No comments:

Post a Comment